Sandbox

Qui tangit frangatur.

My Photo
Name:

A round peg in a world of square holes...

Monday, November 02, 2009

Belated Halloween, or, the importance of comprehending English





Yesterday evening was nice: I went to the reservoir to watch the sunset.
Three other guys were also there, fishing.
They too, watched the waters turn gold as the sun went down.
Then, one of them went, "We better go. It's getting dark."
They asked each other if they had a light. Then, they asked me.
"Light? I don't need a light," I replied.
So, they stayed on. We stayed on.
Then I walked out. They followed.
I walked briskly through the forest in the darkness.
Soon, they lost me, and I returned home.
I said I didn't need a light.
I didn't say anything about them needing a light.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home