Sandbox

Qui tangit frangatur.

My Photo
Name:

A round peg in a world of square holes...

Sunday, May 04, 2008

Meme



Tagged by Constantine the Younger.

The rules

1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about himself.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.


What was I doing 10 years ago
Learning how to handle my stick-shift around San Francisco.

Five things on my To Do List today:
1. Lubricate and re-assemble a circa 1996 Shimano RD-M950 rear deraileur.
2. Install said deraileur and tune it.
3. Go for a test ride.
4. Find some solitude.
5. Get enough sleep


Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
* Take 1/3 and buy my own island-country
* Install cell phone jammers across my territory
* Invest the rest.


Three of my bad habits:
1. Suffering fools too gladly.
2. Contradicting my actions due to compassion.
3. Pushing myself too hard.


Five places I’ve lived:
1. Malaysia / Singapore
2. America
3. Indonesia (if you count long tours)
4. New Zealand (ditto)
5. Australia (ditto)


Five jobs I’ve had:
1. waiter at a bar
2. bicycle mechanic
3. dive shop staff (later, divemaster / assistant SCUBA instructor)
4. teaching assistant (TA)
5. documentation company staff


Five books I’ve recently read:
1. Three Novels: Molloy, Malone Dies, The Unnamable, Samuel Beckett
2. A Retreat with Gerald Manley Hopkins, S. J. and St. Hildegard of Bingen, Gloria Hutchinson
3. Hitler's Women, Guido Knopp
4. The Silent Cry, Kenzaburo Oe
5. Zinn's Cycling Primer, Lennard Zinn


The five I tagged:
1. I break rules all the time.
2. I don't do tags.
3. See 1.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger (T) (H) (B) said...

FYI, Malaysia and Singapore are two different countries for 40 over years..

May 04, 2008 11:46 PM  
Blogger -ben said...

Actually, that's not exactly true. See the latter part of this post.

That, and the bus stops outside my school are easily 2 times older than Singapore; some, 3 times.

May 05, 2008 1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home