Sandbox

Qui tangit frangatur.

My Photo
Name:

A round peg in a world of square holes...

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Meme



'Might as well take a break from the exposure. Thanks, dear :-)


10 Firsts

1. First best friend: Kai, aka Mr. E., aka first mountain bike cycling buddy, aka partner-in-crime, aka fellow coconut harvester, aka fellow pyromaniac, aka Ultima brother-in-arms, aka incinerator of Pong Pong seeds, aka Death-bringer-to-ants, aka Destroyer-of-fungi, aka fireball-in-sewer conjurer, aka molotov cocktail alchemist, et cetera. Still is.

2. First car: A Toyota Supra Turbo that earned me too many speeding tickets (and had me handcuffed once, but I am getting ahead of myself here); gained me favored status with the local HKS, Greddy, Spearco, Redline Oil, TRD distributors; and made me pull into gas stations way more often than I wanted to.

3. First love: a really wild chick who ultimately broke up with me over her best friend, whom she encouraged me to get it on with. Go figure.

4. First vacation: Some pond in Malaysia where I learned that Water Lily leaves do not support the weight of a human child and nearly drowned (details buried in an older post if you can find it).

5. First job: waiter, then bartender at a pub along Orchard Road, where I experienced all the nightlife I need for a lifetime. E.g. ever had an oily fellow slip you a fifty to switch his date's order of a Coke to a double Bacardi Coke?

6. First piercing: Voluntarily, never. Yes, if you count the time I involuntarily shot an arrow — made from a bamboo chopstick — through my left hand from a homemade crossbow. I never experienced such quick service at the A&E before. (Shut up, bro.)

7. First concert: Eric Clapton 1991 Journeyman Tour. Still wear the T-shirt occasionally.

8. First record/CD bought: A-ha's "Hunting High and Low." (Anyone remember "Take on Me" and "The Sun Always Shines on TV"?)

9. First real love: Joanne, Mitchell, Ivy, Cloe (all my bikes).

10. First screen name: Souprata, the dreaded ops who automatically bans anyone from AOL (or drives a Honda) whenever he comes on.


7 Have You Ever

1. Dated one of your best friends: Yes.
2. Been arrested: Yes, for being clocked at 126 mph (201 km/h) outside Moffett Field, Mountain View, CA (see entry above on being handcuffed).
3. Fallen in love at first sight: Yes.
4. Been in a TV program: Nope. Been in the papers, yes. Twice (once for cycling, once for scuba diving).
5. Had your heart broken: Yes.
6. Said you love someone without meaning it: Nope.
7. Made a prank phone call: Hell, yeah! Still do.


3 Choices

1. Black or white? The question is absurd. Black, of course. Everything fades to black in the end.
2. Winter or summer? Winter. Nothing like biking or driving with the targa off in winter (and hot spiced cider thereafter).
3. Chocolate or chips? Chocolate. Dark Chocolate. Godiva Dark Chocolate Ice -cream.


2 Things to do Before you Die

1. Own and dive a closed-circuit rebreather past 100 m (328 ft).
2. BASE jump.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home