Sandbox

Qui tangit frangatur.

My Photo
Name:

A round peg in a world of square holes...

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Cell phone, thy true name



Christopher's latest post struck a chord with me:


Digital Shackle

Ong and I went to go look at getting new cell phones today. It is just my humble opinion that one must be insane to pay $100-200 for a cell phone. There is no magic voodoo or electronic greatness that can possibly justify paying that kind of money — particularly for something that so disposable.

A cell phone has unfortunately become a basic necessity. Your phone goes everywhere you go. And why? Again my humble opinion, the cell phone is designed to make it so you never have to think or have a moment to yourself. If you are have having a thought, you can quickly call someone to discuss something mindless and worthless. Or better yet, you can be interrupted to escape the truly urgent.

So why would someone pay $200 for a digital shackle?



Why indeed?

Oh, I know!
For the security of, "Oh, look at me! I'm part of the crowd!"

Lemming!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home